The New Moon panel at Comic-Con has concluded. Highlights from G4TV’s coverage by Stephen Johnson include:
- (after first exclusive clip) Uh oh…Jacob took off his shirt in the clip and the fans went nuts-o-crazy-go-nuts.
- Fan to Rob: Would you ever do open-mic nights for music, ever again? Rob: Yes. I’d love to do it again. It’s good for your soul.
- Fan: for Taylor, how was it filming in different weather conditions, half-naked? Taylor: It was cold. There was a day when I was only wearing jean shorts (Cheers from crowd.) It was really really cold, but I’m doing it all for you guys!
- I should point out that all questions are interupted by screams of “I love you!” and “You’re awesome!” and “wooo!” at random.
- Rob: Edward’s who character is about restraint, so I always found it difficult to move as the character. So in the new movie, a lot of the shots are set up so that I can move as little a possible. The camera moves more often.
- Chris Weitz is going to show another scene! The fans go insane. The scene: Alice and Bella racing to save Edward. You remember that scene right?
Rotten Tomatoes has an extensive write-up on the scenes that were shown, including these spoilers for the first clip:
Jacob Black (Taylor Lautner) and Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) are bent over an antique light blue motorcycle. Jacob wears jeans, a brown t-shirt, and his hair is long. As Bella sits on the motorcycle, Jacob guides her hands (touching!) over the handles. “Brake. Clutch. Gas,” he reminds her. Bella revs the engine. “Slowly release the clutch,” says Jacob.
Suddenly, Bella sees the translucent apparition of Edward, a concerned look on his face, standing in front of her. We can see him, but also see through him. Bella takes off on the bike.
As she zooms down the road, Bella gains speed. She zooms by another apparition of Edward, standing in her path. She speeds by another. Losing focus, Bella swerves and falls from the bike, hitting her head on a rock.
Jacob speeds over to Bella on his own bike, coming to a stop with a flourish. He hops off the bike and rushes to Bella’s side. She is bewildered, and blood gushes from a gash on her forehead.
“Are you trying to get yourself killed?” Jacob asks. Bella apologizes for the blood, but it doesn’t bother Jacob.
He takes a step back, the camera following his every move. Jacob strips off his shirt, revealing a six-pack, and bends down to dab Bella’s wound with it. Their faces come very close.
“You’re so beautiful,” she tells him. Emotion flashes across his face.